Thursday, May 23, 2002

I kind of glided throught the halls today at school...i was in one of those nostalgic moods -kind of like walking around in a memory. Why? hah...This time of year always tears me up, of course it does, it tears up a lot of people. Because, somewhere in the back of all of our minds -we know that we won't pass the same people in the halls next year...we wont have that "lunchroom bond".....all those things are ending...

Not that it's a bad thing...every time something ends, something new begins, right? yeah. Sure i'll still call 'the seniors' seniors even though they'll be freshmen in college -cuz in my mind, they'll always be the cool older people -but they'll acquire a different kind of coolness when i don't see them everyday...kind of like that distant coolness.

I guess what I'm getting at....

We'll all be different people next year....in different places....running into the future -diving head first...We'll all be trying to figure something out....searching for something....discovering something - and to think, my class is the next to be shipped out....it gives me these chills - like "wow, already?" - people always said that high school went fast...but this fast?

Life goes too fast...like ferris bueller showed us - sometimes you just gotta stop and catch it before it gets away.

Am I sad because seniors are moving on, or because I'm being left behind?

"...what it all boils down to my friends, yeah, is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet, but i got one hand in my pocket and the other playing a piano."

(give me a break guys- semesters are tomorrow)

----by the way----- i'm not in love with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home